Tuesday, September 16, 2008

AT ONE WITH NATURE NOT NECESSARILY WITH EACHOTHER:o)





What a beautiful day! Troy is still on vacation, he goes back to work tomorrow...he's so excited! Yeah right:o) Well, here is a picture of the north side of our house. Summer is just about over so we got out and enjoyed the nice weather while we could. On the left, against the house, are my raspberry bushes. While Adam was taking a nap today.......





I picked these beautiful, delicious, sweet red raspberries!!!!!! David was helping to begin with but then he realized that the tall grass in front of the raspberries was prime real estate for dinosaurs.






Looks like a whole family of long necks are moving in! Hate to see the pooper scooper for that!




Before helping with the raspberries and playing with the dinosaurs, David helped Troy pick tomatoes in the garden.
Apparently this was extremely taxing on my poor husband because this is where I found him when I went out to pick berries...


Well, he is on vacation:o)


We never did get to the apple picking. It decided to rain that day. We'll do that later this week. I can't wait for fresh Macintosh Apples!!!!!


Adam has been awake late the last couple of nights. I think he got into a bad habit a couple of weeks ago when he was teething and then going to Toronto didn't help. So last night I let him scream, not cry...SCREAM!!!! for a solid 20 minutes before I gave in and got him back up. He finally fell asleep after he realized that I had gone to bed and came up with dinosaurs in tow and laid with me in my bed. Troy put him back in his room when he came upstairs.

Tonight David, Adam, and I brushed our teeth then sat in their room and read 6 books. I tucked both the boys in and all was good until...I made the apparently fatal error of turning off the light and leaving the room. After 10 minutes of SCREAMING we put poor David in the guest room where he is sleeping like a baby:o) Adam SCREAMED for about 30 minutes before he finally gave in. I picked him up once and he grabbed onto me for dear life. After I assured him that he was okay, gave him cuddles and kisses, I put him back in his crib and he cried for a couple of minutes and then was quiet. I went up to check on him 10 minutes later. I covered him up and made sure his dinosaurs were in the right places. He picked up his head, said Mama, laid his head back down, and has been quiet since. Hopefully he does better tomorrow night. Poor little stinker. Keep your fingers crossed!!!!


Did I mention the SCREAMING?

2 comments:

Anna said...

Oh! Yummy looking raspberries! We've already been apple picking TWICE! I've got macks falling from the rafters at our house! ;-)

Anna said...

I'm ready for a new post!! ;-)